Friday, October 28, 2016

A Dad RISES

Man, sure is dusty in here. What is that, Pizza? Jesus it was Pizza, now it's trying to grow into a new life form.
It's been a long time. Too long. Life is one long Roller coaster boy. Sometimes up, sometimes down, sometimes really down (is this thing broken). But just like the legendary Ric Flair said, "When you're a champion, you're never down you just STAY UP."
Staying up for me is writing. Creatively expressing myself. I've made too many excuses but I gotta get back at it man! Let's dust this place up and let's go!
I wrestled with the idea of changing the name of this blog, because the format is going to be different. If anyone remembers the old look, you'll notice it's different. Cleaner. I'm also using my real name.
My name is Richard Donohue, nice to meet you.

I'm still a Dad who games, and that will always be a big topic, but I want to expand this blog to encompass my other interests as well. Sports, Movies, Books...nothing is off the table. If I want to rant about current events, I'm going to.
Stream of conscience is the name of the game folks.
I decided to keep the blog name the same cause its a metaphor for life. I hope that you'll want to come on this journey with me, so that it can be a metaphor for you as well.
Those that know the "30 Man Code" or Konami code are of a certain age. I know now it's more mainstream pop culture knowledge, but if you needed to look in Nintendo Power, or watched in Gradius as your ship blew up if you tried it, you know what I'm about. 
Plus, in essence, what did the Konami code do for you? It gave you extra lives. Enough to make a very difficult game much easier. That's what life is: A very difficult game. This blog will help me get through it, just like the ol' Up, Up, down, down did for me all those years ago.
Thanks and I hope you stick around!

No comments:

Post a Comment